the Lenovo IdeaPad flex3 15 Laptop features in Uk


Today we're taking a look at a brand new resin laptop this has a risin 540 500, in
this.
This is the Lenovo IdeaPad flex 15 on which website you're reading so this laptop was bought for 600 bucks over on Amazon.
You're considering picking it up and I
think at the very beginning I can say that this is worth it for $600 but I guess I have to copy out that with all of the specs and the things that I found out about it while using it number one let's talk about specs has a rise in 5a 4500 you Zen - processor that has integrated graphics with six Vega compute units in there and it was good enough to run video games pretty decent. I'll talk about more of that in a second it has a 14-inch 1080p IPS touch display with 215 its brightness, the weakest part of the display has to be its color accuracy coming in at 45% NTSC or roughly 57% srgb it is definitely not good enough to do professional-level color rating it's not
a higher-end IPS panel, however, viewing angles are good it does have a glossy rating on the display so reflections are gonna be a real thing but that color accuracy is just not good it's fine if you're just playing games if you're doing light work but if you have to do actual professional-level stuff they cheaped out on the display maybe don't consider it for that but for normal people, for my purposes who has a color grade preset for his videos it's totally fine as I mentioned it is a touchscreen display and one of the things Lenovo includes with this laptop at the $600 price point is a stylus a pressure-sensitive stylus that you can use to actually write and take notes because thankfully it is a two-in-one and the hinge can fold all the way back, this reminds me back in my college days.
when I got an HP two-in-one way before
it was a thing that came with a stylus that
like used to slot in and I would take all of my notes in one note with my stylus which is absolutely great for that I remember also getting yelled at by my professor who said no computers in class but using it as my notepad and he still said no so I had to leave my computer home for that one class that one class made me sad college stories aside let's get to the rest of the specs has 16 gigs of RAM at 3200 mega Hertz however one of the downsides is that it is soldered on and there is no room for upgradeability or for that matter downgrade ability if that would be your desire however 16 gigs more than adequate for a lot of people 1,300 makers plenty of fast speed it does have a 256 gig nvme SSD SK Hynix is the one in there and it runs at speeds of 2,000 megabytes per second.




Read about a thousand megabytes per
second, write however that one is replaceable in case you want to get a
higher capacity or a faster in me Drive
it is upgradeable with the 9 security screws being removed from the bottom plate you can access everything underneath but the only thing that you're actually going to be able to replace is the thermal paste under the cooler and then that SSD so bra specs
it's a pretty decent laptop when you're
looking at anything in this price range you're looking at an i-5 10th gen CPU on
intel side and honestly this thing outperforms it in a lot of different areas and the fact I compared it directly to my book metal which is also a 14-inch ultrabook type laptop and with this having an 8th gen i5 the i5 82 65 you and an MX 250 dedicated GPU this thing beat it in gaming performance with just the 4500s, coming in at this running 73 FPS average in a fortnight at 1080p medium and at 1080p very low for pub G it hit 32 fps it did burn a little hot it got around 90 degrees Celsius during gaming which isn't great however that never translated to anything above the
keyboard it was just blowing out the exhaust on the back ninety degrees is a
little hotter than I would have liked the scene but again it's not terrible so take that for what it is while the gaming performance on the 4500 is good.
The CPU performance is just out of this world compared to my I58265 you. I experienced over double the amount of CPU performance with the Cinebench r15 score on the 4500 coming in at 913 to the 80265 use 412 the rise in chips CPU performance is honestly on another level and just allows for a new level of mobile productivity that I haven't seen before let me know if you want me to do a dedicated benchmark video on the 4500. I just tested very normal eSports games this thing will be able to run Valerie no problem I'll be able to run data League all that kind of stuff, maybe some triple-a titles at 720p lower resolution but in case you want a dedicated benchmark video on the 4500 you let me know down below so comparing it to my MX 250 laptop this thing smacks it in the face and my MX 250 laptop was 150 dollars more expensive at the time and let's also compare the size of these are both 14-inch laptops however
because the whoop-up metal is made out
of magnesium alloy and this is more of a
plastic material the Lenovo IdeaPad is
heavier coming in at 3.6 pounds its point 8 inches thick whereas my boot book metal was much lighter and much thinner battery life let's talk about that for a second 4500 you actually do sip on power the TDP is rated at 15 watts, it has a 51-watt hour battery inside and with active use I'm talking I was using this thing I got six hours out of the battery life if I actually was doing
like very little stuff and maybe just watching a Netflix video I could push it eight or nine hours this isn't quite the 10 hours that Lenovo is promoting on their Amazon page but 6 hours of active use is pretty dang good and the 8 hours not doing anything totally fine regarding the rest of the laptop.
Let's we can talk about the i/o for the second on the left side it's kind of weird
because it has a power port and HDMI a
USB C and a headphone port however the
power port that's included on this the
the power brick is a type-c connector and doesn't actually connect to that power port which I don't understand I guess it's just because it's a shell that they already had and they decided they wanted this to charge over type-c I don't get it and also kind of that's the only touch it's also the only type-c connector on the entire laptop.

So, you can either charge it, or like you'd have to get a dongle to use the USBC it's kind of a weird decision to not include the normal power adapter and instead make me charge at overtime seat really confused about that one on the other side we got two more USB 3.0 ports we got an SD card reader and the power button and that's basically a there's not much to it in IO it's
everything you need you have three USB
ports HDMI out headphones are basically all you could ask for the touchpad is totally fine a little bit lose and a little wobbly but it's not anything terrible the keyboard is firm I've always loved my new Lenovo keyboards this one have no complaints whatsoever about speakers on this thing they are upward firing they sound okay at the high ends they don't distort at high volumes they have no bass response whatsoever so they try to mimic it with just manipulating the mids and it just doesn't come out well but
again these aren't horrible speakers of
a $600 laptop it's not something that makes me super upset about so it's overall just really good at everything it has a webcam cover slider which we can talk about the webcam and microphone for a second for the webcam and the microphone as you can hear the microphone is kind of subpar quality. That's a very easy device you can also see the webcam struggles really hard with the white balance on turning green and changing colors just based on where I am in the scene which isn't something I've
experienced with other laptop webcams
then alternatively or also in  addition to this and then also the keyboard as well it's not very clean suffice for zoom cause it'll work and then just the rest of it it's got AC
Wi-Fi with a real tech 88 22 C II Wi-Fi
which is two by two it's got blue tooth 4.2 the speakers are 2 by 2 watts and it also has a fingerprint reader on it. It's actually like a pretty solid college laptop that's exactly what I look at this for I would have been so happy to have this it can play light games that can do everything that you would need to back in the day barely would play it a lot of Team Fortress 2 on this and it has everything that you would need webcam microphone for your zoom classes it has decent speakers you can type everything you can take notes with the included pen and the best part is again that price is $600 the risin 5- 4500 you coming in with some magnificent specs again maybe the battery life isn't exactly what
everybody is looking for but with active
use, doing everything that I could
possibly do on the laptop whether with
some light photo editing or chatting with friends online just actively using the laptop 6 hours if you are basically like googling all the time I'm sure you might get a little bit more out of it but honestly it's really hard to find a flaw in this Lenovo flex 5 especially at the price point if we consider the fact that this is a six hundred dollar laptop checks all the boxes that you would want in any more transportable laptop sure it's not 15.6 inches sure it doesn't have a dedicated GPU but that 6-computer unit Vega integrated GPU and here does more than I've ever seen really in a lower-end laptop it's actually quite impressive the only complaint that again I have is the fact that the power cable situation is a little weird you got the power port which I guess I could buy the adapter for and then I have USB and I'm forced to charge it over USB instead of them including the thing in the laptop and then the Pens just a bonus you got a pen, it's a stylist you can do things with that it's a great little college laptop I love it. again you're interested in the Lenovo flex 5 it's actually one of the very few rises in 540to500 you laptops that are out on the market right now I think there were only two more listed on Amy's website and they were both by Lenovo so we might see more coming out shortly but 6
cores 6 threads 6 computer units the rise
of 5 4500 you laptop I'm heavily impressed and again leave a comment down below if you want us to do a dedicated gaming benchmark, today was more about the Lenovo flex 5 in general jump a general that's kind of it let me know what you think of the Lenovo flex 5 down below the comments and hit the like button on
the blog if you enjoyed it get subscribed to stay up-to-date on all of our tech-related content looking forward to checking out more Ryze and laptops as they come out thank you guys so much I'll
catch you in the next one.
Bye, take care of all of you...

Hina Waqas



Comments